Many business owners make the mistake of thinking that their company vehicles are covered by their property and loss insurance which is often not the case. If you are a small business owner and would like to ensure that all of your business assets are properly covered, Freeland Insurance is here to help.
We are a full-service insurance agency that is proud to serve the greater Oklahoma City, OK area. Our agents are fully trained in multiple lines of coverage and can work with you to determine that your business has the comprehensive coverage that it requires.
Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Coverage for injury or damage, caused by your company or someone else, is crucial to protecting you in the event of an accident. Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability coverage (BI/PD) covers you in the event of an accident and will protect you from major financial loss, no matter who’s fault the accident may be. Medical Payment coverage will help to defray any medical costs that are incurred due to the accident.
Coverage for uninsured motorists is another level of protection that is available. Our agents can work with you to determine which of the different lines are appropriate in your situation, and also calculate the appropriate coverage level. Vehicle insurance is an important part of protecting your company and all of your hard work.
Please give us a call today at (405) 692-6106 to schedule an appointment to ensure that your company vehicles are adequately covered, no one wants to learn about gaps in their insurance policies after a loss or damage event has occurred! Freeland Insurance is proud to serve the greater Oklahoma City, OK area and looks forward to working with you! Call us today.
Umbrella insurance plans can be a great fallback when you have a lot of risk to cover, and you want to catch it all with a single safety net. If you’re considering calling Freeland Insurance to get your home and business covered under the same umbrella policy in Oklahoma City, OK, here’s what you’ll want to do, first:
Consider Whether Your Business Needs Umbrella Coverage
You should take a moment to consider your business risks. Even if your business is just you and a smartphone, you might have some major risks to consider. If you have clients or customers visiting your place of business, then you have liability to think about. If you drive a company car, then commercial liability might be required. On the other hand, there’s not much reason to buy additional coverage if your business hasn’t grown past a laptop in the corner of your living room yet.
Weigh The Costs
Generally, umbrella insurance won’t be that big of an expense added on top of your monthly insurance payments. You won’t know for sure until you ask for rates, but umbrella coverage is typically cheaper than buying extra coverage for each item individually. Before buying umbrella insurance, it’s a good idea to get quotes for additional coverage on each item individually and weigh that against umbrella.
Freeland Insurance can help to connect you with the coverage you need. A lot can happen in Oklahoma City, OK, and umbrella coverage is just one of the ways in which you can protect yourself against calamity at home and at work. Compare the costs, consider what your business risks are, and determine whether you need umbrella insurance to cover home and business.
When you make a large purchase, you want to make sure it is properly protected. Whether it be a car or a home, protecting it with the right insurance is one of the smartest moves you can make. Just think about it. If your home becomes damaged due to excessive winds, then anything from the windows to the roof may need to be replaced. Replacing these things can cost you thousands of dollars and many hours of labor. With the right insurance, though, you can rest assured that the accompanying costs will be covered under your insurance policy. Let’s take a quick look at what flood insurance is and why you need it.
What is flood insurance?
Most homeowner’s policies do not provide coverage for flooding. And what is so sad about this is that many people think their insurance does provide this type of coverage and they don’t find out that it doesn’t until they go to file a claim. Flood insurance is its own type of insurance and needs to be added onto your homeowner’s insurance policy. With the right type of coverage, you can have peace of mind in knowing that no matter what happens to your home, you can receive compensation for any damage that occurs to it. From fire to flooding, insurance should always be viewed as a necessity. It is an investment that can pay for itself many times over in a single claim. In fact, insurance can be viewed as one of your biggest assets.
If you would like to learn more about flood insurance, please contact Freeland Insurance serving the Oklahoma City, OK area today.
Health care has become a driving concern for many people. Our health is what we have all our lives, and issues that impact it may affect life for a long time to come. Be certain your health insurance is the best you can have so that medical expenses are reduced for you and your family. Assure yourself of access to hospitals and doctors that can help you in your time of need. FM Insurance, serving the Oklahoma City, OK area, stands ready to provide you with the health insurance information you need to make those important decisions about coverage and care. We’ve even provided an online tool for researching online quotes for health insurance so that you can know within minutes what options are there for you.
With recent government mandates requiring health insurance coverage, the choices can be overwhelming. Our agents are trained to know the latest insurance coverage options within Oklahoma so that you have the knowledge that you need at your fingertips to make your health insurance choices. Our online quote tool is not the only available way to get yourself the information you need. Call us or come in and sit down with an agent. We can explain the nuances of health coverage or skip over the parts you already understand. We’ll show you coverage options and make sure you understand the terms and policy details. There’s no need to remain confused about health insurance. FM Insurance, serving the Oklahoma City, OK area, is prepared with up-to-date insurance information and the experience to help you understand it all. When you want reliable health insurance coverage but don’t want to call several insurance providers and do all that research, trust FM Insurance to have the information ready for you. Call us today.
The firefighters of Oklahoma City, OK deserve the kind of life insurance coverage that will protect their families in the case of an emergency. Some may think that their dangerous job makes it impossible for them to get insurance, but that is thankfully not the case. We at Freeland Insurance can help you better understand the major benefits of firefighter life insurance.
Plans Are Specific To The Job
When a company provides life insurance policies for firefighters, they typically offer policies that are specific for those who perform this job. Like with other life insurance policies, it will cover accidental death while the firefighter is on duty. This differs from other types of policies because other types may not cover these types of deaths.
The Benefits Of These Policies
Companies that provide life insurance policies to firefighters treat it like any other policy. They don’t discriminate against you due to your challenging job and are willing to work with you to find a policy that is affordable and comprehensive. In fact, you may be able to get better policies if you are in great shape.
Many insurance companies look at the history of your profession, accidents you may have suffered in the past, and hobbies to find a reliable policy. Once you get a policy, your family is protected in the case of your accidental death. For example, life insurance can help pay for your funeral and provide your family with the funds they need to get back on their feet if you pass.
Get Help Today
If you’re a firefighter who is looking for high-quality life insurance in Oklahoma City, OK, contact us at Freeland Insurance to learn more. We can help provide you with the guidance you need to choose the right policy for your needs.
For most of us, the Fourth of July is a time to enjoy the company of family and friends, having fun and creating memories – whether at home or away in Oklahoma.
But for some families, the holiday is a nightmare. Homes each year in Oklahoma are damaged by wayward fireworks. Thousands of people are injured in accidents.
At Freeland Insurance, we want your holiday to be happy, but also safe. So here are some tips to help you protect yourself and your property on the Fourth.
Protecting yourself (and others)
- To minimize the risk of injury, don’t use consumer fireworks. Attend a public display conducted by professionals in your city or elsewhere.
- If using consumer fireworks, always follow instructions. Do not attempt to re-light “duds” or create homemade fireworks.
- Never let children handle or light fireworks. Even sparklers, which burn at more than 1,000 degrees, can cause third-degree burns. Kids under the age of 15 account for approximately 40% of fireworks injuries, according to the U.S. Fire Administration.
- A responsible adult should always be present when children – even teenagers – are around fireworks. More than half of fireworks injuries happen to those younger than 20 years old.
Protecting your home
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, the best way to protect your home is to not use fireworks at home.
- Remember, fireworks can cause grass fires and other types of blazes as well. Make sure you light fireworks in a safe area, away from homes and buildings, as well as other combustible material. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of emergency.
- Look out for tree limbs or bushes that could catch fire. Trimming vegetation to keep it away from your home is a good idea anyway, but it could save you from a catastrophic fire on the Fourth of July.
- If your gutters have accumulated leaves, pine needles or other flammable material, clean them before using fireworks near your home.
- Finally, if you won’t be home on the holiday, ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your house if others in your neighborhood will be using fireworks.
With some common sense and planning, the Fourth of July can be both safe and enjoyable for everyone. Whether you’re staying at home or heading out, we hope you have a wonderful time celebrating our independence!
If you own a small business or are looking into opening one, you may be trying to learn more about commercial business insurance. One of the questions that FM Insurance, serving the greater Oklahoma City, OK area, is asked is whether you are required to have or carry commercial business insurance. Unfortunately, the answer to this is not a straight yes or no. You may be, or you may not be. Here is some more information about this.
There are a few individuals who are required to carry business insurance. If you use vehicles for your business, you are likely required to obtain commercial auto insurance. If you own the building in which you do business out of, and it is not used primarily as your place of residence, you are likely required to obtain commercial property or building insurance. If you have taken out a business loan to start or fund your business, the lender may require you to obtain a commercial business insurance policy to protect their investment or stake in your business. And in some cities and counties, there are laws that state you must have a minimum commercial business insurance policy to obtain a business license in that city or county. If any of these apply to you, you are required to obtain a policy. If any of them are not applicable to you, you may not legally be required to obtain a policy.
While having business insurance may or may not be required, it is always strongly recommended that you obtain a policy to protect the investment you have made in your business. To learn more about commercial business insurance or to obtain quotes today, contact FM Insurance, serving the greater Oklahoma City, OK area.
Life insurance has become a very popular benefit that many employers are offering their employees. While it is a nice benefit to have, it is a mistake to rely completely on the life insurance your employer is providing to you. Instead, it is very important to consider getting additional life insurance from another source. Continue reading to discover a few reasons why you may want to get more than what your employer offers as basic benefits.
- If you leave the company, your life insurance is canceled. While having life insurance through your employer is a great benefit to have, if you ever leave the company, whether it is y choice or not, you lose the life insurance they purchased on your behalf. It does not come with you to your new position or after retirement.
- You can only get the option the employer has chosen for you. By sticking with the plan your employer has for you (and we are not saying you should decline the insurance offered to you), you only get the option that they have chosen for you. You do not get to choose the life insurance plan that you want.
- Your employer likely does not provide enough coverage. Many employers offer life insurance that is equal to one to two times the annual base salary. This may seem like a lot but it is recommended by experts that you have at least five to seven times your annual base salary.
If you are interested in getting more life insurance and exploring your options, be sure to contact FM Insurance serving Oklahoma City, OK. You can get a quote for additional life insurance that fits your budget as well as take a deeper look into the policy your employer has for you.
Purchasing commercial insurance for your business- no matter the size- is an important practice. Having a solid commercial insurance policy can cover you from liability in the case of injuries, malpractice, theft, property damage and much more. Dependent on your business structure, you will need different levels of coverage. Here are some basics to weigh in when you are considering how much commercial insurance to purchase for your business:
Research the types of policies you need for your specific business– As a doctor, you will need medical malpractice insurance. As a labor company, you would be required to have worker’s compensation to cover any employees getting injured on the job. The structure of your business will determine what kind of policies you need, which will determine the amounts that you should purchase. Base your insurance policy simply on your needs so that you don’t over-insure.
Figure out your Assets to Determine Property Insurance Needs– The first thing that you need to do in order to figure out how much insurance to purchase is to list out your company assets. Assets will include any inventory that your business has, property and any equipment that you use. Property insurance can be determined based on the actual value of your property, so that you can buy the minimum policy that will work for your business size and current property.
Look into a Business Owners Commercial Insurance Policy- If you are a mid level business, purchasing a bundled Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is recommended. A BOP will bundle coverage that includes major liability risks, property and income insurance in the event of the loss of income that is the result of a disaster such as a fire or a natural disaster. These policies will also typically cost much less than buying each level of commercial insurance separately.
Fall is the perfect time to prepare your home for winter and take care of the many little things around the house that you have been putting off. Use these tips to get your home in tip top shape and your family protected from potentially dangerous situations.
· Gutters: Fall is the perfect time to inspect and clean your home’s gutters. They actively divert water away from the home and prevent damage to the home’s structure. This is an easy project that will prevent future damage to your most valuable investment.
· Roof: After checking the gutters, check the roof to ensure that there are no loose or damaged metal flashing around the eaves. Repairing any damage before a small problem becomes a big one can save you a lot of time and money.
· Pipes: Wrap exposed pipes around the perimeter of your home. Oklahoma City, OK has had many ice storms in recent years. Wrapping your pipes will help prevent them from freezing in the snow and ice.
· Batteries: Check the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide monitors. Doing this on a regular basis to ensure that they are in working order can prevent deadly situations.
· Fire Extinguishers: Every home should have at least one regularly maintained fire extinguisher ready for emergencies. Check the pressure gauge to ensure that it is charged and ready when needed. Also check to see if the nozzle is clean and clean the unit up. Replace the unit if needed.
· Review Home Owners Insurance: The professionals at FM Insurance are ready to help with your home owner’s insurance. Find the insurance coverage you need online today with FM Insurance or visit their offices in Oklahoma City, OK. Their professionals can help.